Teacher Charlie's news and adventures from the world; Korea to Germany and all points in between!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cambodia - Back to School

Back to school

The figure deep in concentration at the back of this class is exactly how I should've looked when I was at school back in the day. It's too late now.
On a recent 'fam' trip to Battambang and Banteay Chhmar, I was snapped a few times by other members of the group and the pictures have just found their way into my possession. For a few moments it was back to school as I joined a classroom full of students at the Ptea Teuk Dong orphanage in Battambang. To be honest I loathed the majority of my time at school, but this was one of the more pleasant classroom experiences I've had. At Banteay Chhmar, we had dinner and dancing at the community project headquarters on the night that we stayed there and I was caught on camera attempting some traditional Khmer dance moves, in hot pursuit of the lovely Linda of course. It was Linda who snapped me at the back of the classroom. Last but not least is the adorable Ratha, the teenage daughter of our homestay family and this photo is courtesy of Kelly.
The awkward looking barang in the white shirt is in hot pursuit of the more refined and graceful Linda in red, during our traditional Khmer dance exhibition at Banteay ChhmarRatha displaying typical Khmer radiance despite my presence, at our village homestay at Banteay Chhmar. And I've just noticed I have a long neck - I wouldn't look out of place with the Paduang hill tribes.

No comments: